Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ink and cat hair do not mix

Very tired. I went out and picked up some mailing supplies as I had a pair of baubles to send out to the ever-lovely Z and Myn. Still looking for some appropriate little cloth gift bags; I managed to find some nice brocade and embroidered ones while I was out, but they're altogether too large for all but the most grandiose pieces of jewelery. I could make them, yes, but the whole time/effort/finding cloth/fishing up the sewing machine bit is ridiculous when you take into account that it's also less expensive to just buy the finished pouches most of the time.

On a vaguely related note, my ability to write by hand has gone completely to hell.

I've been tinkering around with the Shrinky Dinks that can be printed on; they behave very oddly when a particular glaze is applied. Despite numerous botched attempts, I managed to get a few little charms out of the deal. Also made the fascinating discovery that Elke's printer is full of cat hair (who would have thought?).

I suspect that I'll be selling a few necklaces soon... if only to free up desk space and help fund this horrible addiction to findings that I seem to have developed.

In closing... I have a lolrus in my sidecar.

No comments:

Post a Comment