Sunday, May 30, 2010

Curios and Trinkets, part the sixth

Well, the sun finally came out. Five minutes after I finished getting my feet and skirt wet and bruising my shins by bracing them on the concrete steps outside to take pictures of far too many necklaces. Smartass.

I unearthed my old jewelery box. Or rather, one of them--I have at least three, only one of which actually has jewelery in it (the other two contain coins and a stone egg, respectively). This particular one contains mostly polished semiprecious stones, which I've collected on and off for something like sixteen years. I have curiously clear memories of how and when I obtained quite a few of them. More to the point, though, said box also contained pieces of broken jewelery. Jackpot!

I also now have the most glorious assortment of small bottles. Most are too large to serve as pendants, but curios and pretties to string on my belt? Oh, yes.

And now, necklaces.


A special request, with some green tiger eye and onyx beads. The silver triangle used to be part of an earring.


This would be the pierced turtle I mentioned earlier. Green crab agate and a frosted glass bead.


Something fairly simple. I still have a few of those red beads left.


Another semi-commission. Not entirely sure if it suits the description, but I do like it.


New picture of an old one. The colour of the serpentine beads kinda wussed out in the picture, though. They're more green and dark in reality.


And the fire element bottle. Filled with ashes and strung with carnelian and pumice, appropriately enough.


This is where the other earring went. Green tiger eye, red crab agate, and one of my few green leaves.


Trying for more of a showy steampunk lady-look with this one. The shell beads are more of a pastel blue.


Am also very fond of this one. It involves moss agate and gears, though, so that's kind of a given at this point.


One of the places I bought findings from threw in some wee lucite flower beads, and I finally found a use for one!


I uhm...

I really don't feel like giving this one up right now.

1 comment:

  1. Man, these are really cool. I love jewlery, and this is exactly the kind I like.

    ReplyDelete