Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Not again...

I'm feeling a bit verbose this morning, and a great deal of it has to do with this.

Right, then.

I see what the actual stampmaker is saying, and there is much merit in it. I know exactly what kind of picture they're down on, and I agree that they have no real place in a community dedicated to art. Granted, neither do a lot of the clean photographs and sundry other items, but I'll look past that for now.

What has me sighing heavily are the responses to it. The vast majority of it comes from a rabid pack of prudes, screeching about how much they agree and omg sex is gross, anyone who supports it in art is sick, ban that filth!111one!

It's a little insulting, honestly. For someone whose primary goals as an artist include depicting a very gentle, emotional and understated side of sexuality (which, coincidentally, Vyrl is fantastic at and I want to have her artbabies), being painted with the same brush as someone who takes cheap and boring nude snapshots boggles the mind. Hell, *I* have prudish tendencies, but this is ridiculous.

There's really not much to do but paint more, and hope that perhaps somewhere down the line a mind will open, and an unfamiliar sort of beauty will make sense to someone.

(And in the meanwhile, keep in mind my boyfriend's helpful explanation that they're up in arms about it because they're not getting laid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment