Friday, April 10, 2009

I can haz Mongols?

The muse is back on his leash, doubly so now that I can paint my current commission instead of sketching it. It's much bigger than I usually work, but simple in terms of actual layers, so that hasn't been problematic.

Curiously enough, I seem to do better if I play before I work, rather than after. This may have something to do with the fact that I take about four or five hours to properly wake up, and my brain is just in better shape to buckle down if it's been permitted to come up to speed gradually.

And by play, I mean roflstomp the Earth with Mongol hordes in Civ. I was once enamoured of the concept of cultural victory, but it's too damned fiddly, and nowhere near as gratifying as watching a few dozen horse archers trample everything in sight.

And just because I can...

1 comment: