Friday, March 11, 2011

Various Breeds of Darkness

I am a criminally neglectful blogmother. I disappear for weeks at a time and then toss it a few sketches before wandering off again, rather than spending time with it. No wonder it's doing so poorly in school.

...excuse me. The Society for Humane Treatment of Metaphors is on the phone, and they don't sound happy with me.

Stuff for Myn! Apparently a bunch of UF/paranormal romance authors decided to make little trading cards to hand out as novelties, so here are four to go with A Brush of Darkness. And since I rather liked that last one...



The sketch that became Brystion's card was originally meant as counterpoint to Hecari, and that ended up going full circle after I'd finished the cards.

(Coincidentally, in the realm of awesome things I did not expect to happen in my lifetime, 'Mebrit momentarily appearing in a published novel' can now be scratched off that list.)

Retooling a sketch of Mikala Quethalis from the beginning of 2006. It seems mildly absurd that he's been around for nearly six years.



And noodling around a bit more. He looked vaguely malevolent when I first started painting in the shadows, but apparently somewhere along the line, I hurt his feelings.

Most of these things were done because I'm procrastinating wildly with regard to another painting, but maybe I'll go into that one later.

No comments:

Post a Comment