Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rebooting the Dragon

Pecking away at the drawing of Mikala. Still needs backlighting and some shading on the background, but the underpainting is almost done. If not for Myn's timely suggestion of a night sky background for the windows, I'd likely still be beating my head against backlighting him with a snowy daytime sky and swearing a lot.

 

It looks as though his fate has taken a turn for the less crunchy in Tea and Sorcery, primarily because I was more than a little put out at how much wasted potential the original setup involved. He and Lady Kos managed to form an odd rapport that dealt with their respective grievances quite nicely--roughly 20 hours before they were both slated to die. I ended up changing that--not because I dislike killing characters, but because I would have been right pissed to see a character given a new lease on life and never having the opportunity to use it. Ironic, but wholly unsatisfying.

I did still break quite a few of his bones, though, simply because I'm an ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment