Saturday, March 21, 2009

Is this bloody thing on?

*tap* *tap*

Now, then. My internet connection was downright abysmal yesterday through this morning, and Zeldyn finished the last of my commissions (one, two, three, four!), leaving me with a surplus of inspiration and eye candy.

Thus, I hauled my carcass out of WoW for a while to get some art done.

Amongst other things--Mikala and Lady Koszephyrus. He's still being a bastard to nail down, and there's no way in hell my hands are up to inking it at this point, but I'm fairly happy with it overall.

I think my flesh-and-blood portfolio is in need of a culling. Lately I keep coming by this uncomfortable feeling (and it goes double for writing) that the advancement of technical skill is just a goal to stop myself from asking the one question that artists regard in near-universal dread: Do I really have anything left to say?

I used to be satisfied by making pretty things for their own sake. Now, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment