Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Curios and Trinkets, part the eighth

Part of me wonders when this will slow down. I only seem to be picking up speed.

Some particularly nice crab agate. And I have some heartkeys in silver now, because we weren't already totally sick of how often I use the brass ones.

I consider it a measure of my dwindling sanity that I spent several days in search of something that made for a decent facsimile of crystallized mana. I imagine this is kind of like one of those candy necklaces for blood elves.

Moss agate, glass, and watch bits.

Small mammal expressing disapproval of my presence near the peanut stash.

Present for Elke, who's finishing photography school this week. Seemed apropos, given her love of sparkly crystalline things, and those ones turn every colour imaginable in sunlight.

A better picture of one from the other day.

And this one... Ms. Kos' colleague mailed her a jade pendant many months ago (you can find it hanging from her belt in one of my recent paintings of her, actually). This isn't at all what I imagined it looking like*, and the gems are candy jade and serpentine, but I'm not going to look a... gift inspiration in the...

I guess they must have mouths. They certainly do gnaw when they're so inclined.

I know squat about wire wrapping, but it actually sort of turned out half decent.



*The work of a master elven jeweller is undoubtedly more impressive than that of a hack with a pair of pliers. It'd probably look more akin to Litori's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment