Friday, July 30, 2010

Playing God (and catching up)

From a week or so ago, my two current painterly projects:


And some further progress on the mechanymph:



Currently cannot be bothered to take pictures of jewelery, but there are a few new ones waiting in the wings. Beyond that, I managed to singe my shoulders--further proof that the sun is, in fact, trying to kill me--at a wee mediaeval festival. All in the name of looking preposterous, of course...

...despite the fact that I look about as mediaeval as my mother, there. I suppose I could have ad-libbed something about time-traveling aether pirates, but thankfully, no one seemed to notice.

I keep thinking his mic needs a matching chain coif.

And lastly, since I've been working on Tea and Sorcery lately, I leave you with this:

--

“Now,” Mikala said in a low voice, feeling exceedingly awkward as he shifted his burden about, “how do you plan on getting rid of the body?”

“Well, how did you get rid of the one you killed?”

“Would you believe ‘swept up the pieces and put them in the rubbish bin’?”

Lady Kos sighed. “Never mind that, then. Do you know of a place that sells lye at this hour?”

“To a pair of guilty-looking magi carrying a corpse-sized bundle? No.”

No comments:

Post a Comment