Friday, June 5, 2009

Tea and Sorcery

That was my NaNoWriMo project for 2008. Did I--after four years of giving up and burning out--finally drag my ass across the 50k finish line? Yes. Was the story done? Fuck, no.

As of last night, I finally decided to tie off the only truly offending loose thread in appropriately bittersweet fashion, though I'm still fiddling with how to go about it. None of this sequel-baiting dreck. Closure. The story will surely end up being more grisly (and what else could I ask of four vindictive dark elves?), but oddly enough should give the character in question something closer to a happily-ever-after.

Why am I babbling about this? Because I'm actually fairly happy with the prologue as it stands, and have released it to the wild to nibble on low-hanging branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment